Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups ~21 Day Fix Approved~
Author: Lisa Schumacher
Recipe type: Dinner
- 12 whole-wheat Lasagna Noodles
- 1 pkg thawed frozen spinach
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 large container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella (divided)
- ½ cup fresh parmesan (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp basil seasoning (1 tbls if using fresh)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cook lasagna noodles a few minutes less than the package instructions. It helps to put some olive oil in the pot so the noodles don’t stick together.
- Squeeze as much liquid as possible out of the thawed frozen spinach.
- Mix ricotta cheese, spinach, ¼ c. parmesan cheese, ½ c. mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt in bowl. Set aside.
- In a baking dish, place 1 cup of pasta sauce around the bottom of the dish. Spread evenly.
- Lay a piece of wax paper on your counter and place lasagna noodles on paper. You can also use a large cutting board.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over each piece of lasagna. Begin rolling one strip of lasagna at one end and roll all the way up. Place in baking dish seam side down. Continue process with all lasagna pieces.
- Top lasagna rolls with sauce, the remaining mozzarella & parmesan cheese, and sprinkle with the basil. Place aluminum foil over dish tightly. You may want to spray the aluminum foil with cooking spray so it doesn’t stick to the lasagna. Place in preheated oven. Bake for 40 minutes. If you want your cheese more browned, you can remove the tin foil for the past few minutes. Serve immediately
21 Day Fix Containers for 1 roll-up: 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 red, .5 green, .5 purple