The cardiovascular or circulatory system supplies blood to the body. It comprises the heart, veins, arteries as well as capillaries.
Undoubtedly, Cardiovascular disease is now the most common cause of death worldwide. However, there are many ways to reduce your risk of developing this condition. Moreover, There are even wide-range of treatment options to cure CVD.
In this article, we will take a look at the different types of CVD, their symptoms and causes, and how heart care hospitals can prevent and treat them.
Table of Contents
What Are The Symptoms Of Cardiovascular Disease?
Symptoms of CVD vary by condition. Some conditions, such as type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure, may not cause symptoms at first.
However, typical symptoms of a major cardiovascular problem include:
- Chest pain which might indicate angina
- lack of breath
- Pain or discomfort in the left shoulder, arm, elbow, back or jaw
- nausea and fatigue
- Feeling dizzy
- Experiencing cold sweat
- Chest pain
Let’s Take A Deep Dive Into The Types Of Cardiovascular Diseases
CVD consists of various types of conditions. Some of them may develop at the same time or lead to other conditions or diseases in the group.
There are many types of cardiovascular disease including but not limited to:
- Arrhythmia: A problem with your heart’s electrical conduction system that can cause an abnormal heart rhythm or heartbeat.
- Valve disease: Problems with the heart valves (the structures that allow blood to flow from one chamber to another or blood vessels), such as Tightness or leakage of valves.
- Coronary artery disease: Problems with the blood vessels in your heart, such as: Constipation.
- Heart Failure: Problems with the pumping/relaxing function of the heart, causing fluid retention and shortness of breath.
- Peripheral artery disease: Problems with blood vessels in the arms, legs, or abdomen, such as narrowing or blockages.
- Aortic disease: Problems with the large blood vessels that carry blood from your heart to your brain and throughout your body, such as dilation or aneurysms.
- Congenital Heart Defects: Congenital heart problems that can affect different parts of the heart.
- Pericardial disease: Problems with the lining of your heart, including pericarditis and pericardial effusion.
- Cerebrovascular disease: Problems with the blood vessels that supply blood to your brain, such as: narrowing or blockage.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis: Obstruction of a vein, a vessel that carries blood back from the brain/body to the heart.
How Is Cardiovascular Disease Treated?
The treatment plan can vary and depend on the symptoms and types of cardiovascular disease that you have. Cardiovascular treatment may include:
- Lifestyle changes: Examples include making changes in your diet, increasing your aerobic activity and stopping smoking.
- Medicines: Your health care provider can prescribe drugs to control cardiovascular disease. The type of drug will depend on the type of cardiovascular disease that you have.
- Procedure or surgery: If the drug is not enough to manage your cardiovascular disease, your health care provider can use certain procedures or operations to treat your cardiovascular disease. Examples include stent in heart or leg blood vessels, minimally invasive heart surgery, open heart surgery, ablation, cardioversion.
- Heart Rehabilitation: You may need a sports program that is monitored to help your heart become stronger.
- Active Supervision: You may need careful monitoring from time to time without drugs or procedures/operations.
But The Question Is- When Should I See My Doctor Or Visit A Heartcare Hospital?
Cardiovascular disease is often easier to treat when you are in the hands of the best heart surgeon in India as they catch the symptoms early. If you have signs of cardiovascular disease, you should contact the best heart surgeon in India immediately.
Call 911 or seek medical help from the best cardiac surgeon in India if you suddenly notice:
- Chest pain
- Severe shortness of breath
- Pain or numbness in the hands/feet.
- Experiencing tearing pain in the back
Cardiovascular disease is a disease that mainly attacks the blood vessels as well as the heart. Without proper treatment from the best cardiac surgeon in India, cardiovascular disease can lead to a heart attack or stroke. You can change your lifestyle or take medication to treat cardiovascular disease. Early diagnosis can help with effective treatment. Many people with cardiovascular disease live full and active lives after their treatment from the best hospital in India.